Get on board to journey from Africa to the new world that includes traveling through the African American’s experience of bondage, servitude, rebellion, emancipation, reconstruction, enlightenment, segregation, desegregation/integration, and the ongoing plight for freedom and respect. The trek is memorable for it showcases African American life from what it once was to what it has evolved into today. Further, the exhibits assist in envisioning what the future looks like.
By becoming a member of the Harrison Museum of African American Culture, you invest in keeping “hope alive.” Your membership fee will provide a resource to help defray some of the costs for providing excellent exhibits, programming, and activities that illuminate the dreams, hopes and prayers of an invisible people who continue to fight, defend, and validate their right to be viable human beings.
The HMAAC membership program is designed to provide special privileges for its members including:
- Free HMAAC admission to exhibits (regardless of the number of visits, within a fiscal year)
- Bi-annual newsletter
- Membership pricing to attend selected private openings with featured visiting artists or other selected events as extended by HMAAC,
- Priority ticket purchasing opportunities for the Henry Street Heritage Festival and/or Jazz Brunch and other special opportunities as scheduled.
Yearly Membership Categories
You are invited to become a Vested Interest Partner (VIP) of the HMAAC by purchasing one of the following yearly memberships:
- Adult (individual) – $40
18-64 years of age
- Family (2 adults and up to 4 children) – $65
Two adults in a household and their dependent children under 18 years of age. Please provide the names of children with membership submission.
- Grandparent Membership (2 adults and up to 4 children) – $55
Grandparents and grandchildren. Please provide the names of grandchildren with membership submission.
- Senior Citizen (persons 65 yrs and older) – $30
- Senior Couple – $45
Both persons must be 65 years and older.
- Student (with School ID) – $15
Student must present current report card or other valid college documents including college or university identification cards.
- Educator/Military – $30
Current and retired military members and first responders must present valid identification.
Any current educator with valid employment identification (employee badge or identification card)
Additional Perks for Group Memberships (Corporate/Business & Organizations)
- 10 free admission passes to the HMAAC
- 10 discount coupons to use at the Henry Street Heritage Festival (HSHF)
- 10 complimentary invitations for persons to attend all Private/Public Openings with a featured visiting artist, as well as the HMAAC Annual Meeting
- The Group Member’s name will appear on a listing which will be printed on all special publications of the HMAAC, and will appear on the HMAAC website
- HMAAC membership seal/logo will have a link to a company/organization’s website