Roanoke’s Got Talent
“Roanoke’s Got Talent” Overview
Stay tuned for 2013 contest information.
What is it?
Showcase of local and regional experienced/amateur talent in the Roanoke Valley for competition and monetary prizes during the 2012 Henry Street Heritage Festival.
A talent hunt will be conducted prior to the festival to identify best of show talent to compete the afternoon of the HSHF. Talent will be recruited throughout the Roanoke Valley regardless of age.
An application and fee will be submitted in order to be able to audition. Stay tuned for 2013 application information.
The top 10 performers will be juried and awarded an opportunity to perform at the HSHF. The winning talent will compete for a monetary prize and 5 hours of free recording time at the Jefferson Center Music Lab, (if applicable). The audience will determine the final winners.
Application Fee: $10.00 per application, fee may be waived depending on circumstance
Significant Dates (Stay tuned for 2013 contest information):
- TBD – Cutoff date for receipt of all applications NO EXCEPTIONS!
- TBD – Auditions will take place at a specified location. Performers are required to arrive by 3:00 pm. There will be a live audience and admission fee. Each participant will receive two complimentary tickets for family to attend audition. Winning performers will be notified at the close of the audition performances. A panel of judges will determine the top ten performers who will perform at the Henry Street Heritage Festival.
- TBD – Roanoke’s Got Talent show will take place at Henry Street Festival and the audience will determine the final three winners of the show.
Prize Amounts: 1st prize = $300; 2nd prize = $200; 3rd prize $100
1. Each performer must submit an application and entrance fee by specified date.
2. Applicant (s) must have had prior experience in performing before an audience.
3. Application with fee may be mailed or sent via email to email@example.com
4. The choice of musical selections, dance routine or comedic jokes must be PG rated. Neither profanity nor sexual content should be used in any performance. Any material or routine performed that does not adhere to this requirement will result in automatic elimination without question. This elimination can take place during the performance or afterward.
5. Costumes/attire must not be sexually suggestive. If costume/attire is deem unacceptable, the performance will be canceled and the performer will be eliminated from the competition.
6. Each audition performance will be judged but not limited to the on the following:
- Innate talent displayed
- Confidence and stage presence
- Audience receptivity to the act
- The selection of the song, routine or spoken material that is suitable for a PG audience rating.
- Overall performance
7. The Henry Street Heritage Festival “Roanoke’s Got Talent” show’s top three finalists will be judged and selected by the audience vote.