The Harrison Museum of African American Cultures, Inc. (HMAAC) is a
cultural and educational institution committed to advocating, showcasing,
preserving and celebrating the art and history of African Americans for
Roanoke Valley citizens and visitors. Our purpose is to cultivate
awareness and appreciation of the significant contributions of people of
Harrison Museum will be a vibrant force in creating community
collaborations to capture the rich history and continue the
legacy of African culture.
Our Core Beliefs
The Harrison Museum of African American Culture will:
- Ensure that an inclusive history of the Roanoke Valley is told.
- Promote and embrace cultural diversity in the Roanoke Valley.
- Inspire our youth by informing them about the accomplishments and contributions of the African American community.
- Foster a research venue that collects and preserves historical and future art and documents significant to African and African American culture.
- Collaborate with community organizations to provide a rich arts venue in the Roanoke Valley.